In this tutored course, aspiring filmmakers will learn the basics of documentary film making. It will take you about 160 hours (8 modules of 5 units of appr. 4 hours each) to complete this course and you will earn a PDF certificate upon reaching a minimum average score of 51 out of 100.
Programme Learning Outcomes
The course gives a basic understanding of the documentary film production.
- a brief overview of the history of documentary film in Ghana and Africa
- the different documentary genres
- approaches to treatment
- the role of trust and interviews in documentary filmmaking
- the production of corporate documentary films
- the different phases of documentary film production
The objective is enabling participants to write a documentary film concept and undertake production activities for a short documentary by the end of this course.
|What is a documentary film?
|Ideation and research
|Basics of filmic storytelling
|Approaches to treatment
On trust and interviews
Dr. Rebecca Oheneasah Hesse (AUCC), George Bosompim (AUCC) and Godstime Mensah-Nab (Ghana YMCA) with support from Jürgen Seidler (Script House) and Frank Domhan (WELTFILME e.V.)